JeffCo may have to delay end of Cooper Green inpatient care | News
JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- The deadline for ending inpatient care at Cooper Green Mercy Hospital may be pushed back.
Jefferson County Commissioners have already voted to end inpatient care by Dec. 1. The commission had hoped to have an agreement with other area hospitals in place by Sept. 28 but talks are continuing about where and how other hospitals will pick up inpatient care for indigent and others without insurance.
Commissioners tell FOX6 News they have no problem about pushing back the December deadline. Supporters of Cooper Green who oppose ending inpatient care says the possible delay shows the commission was moving too quickly to end overnight stays at the hospital.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Homewood police nab suspects in jogging trail car burglaries
- The Birmingham Zoo works hard to keep animals toasty on cold nights
- Homewood city leaders discuss Mecca Avenue safety concerns
- Mountain Brook mayor shares memories of protecting the Kennedy family
- Our Lady of Sorrows gathers supplies for typhoon victims