Court says JeffCo creditors can fight to bring sewer boss back | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- Some of Jefferson County's creditors want to see court-appointed sewer receiver John Young back in charge of the county's sewer department.
The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that nine petitioners in the bankruptcy case can argue that Young should be back in control of the Environmental Services Department.
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Thomas Bennett had earlier stripped Young of all of his authority. Commissioner Jimmie Stephens does not believe Young is eligible to return, saying Young is working with the creditors in the case.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jefferson Co. deputies investigate fatal accident in Pinson
- Pleasant Grove gun shop burglarized twice in three months
- Multi-city chase through Jefferson County ends with suspect in custody
- Alleged victim speaks out about Center Point assaults, burglaries
- Deputies: Woman kidnapped, beaten, sexually assaulted in Jefferson County
- Homewood police nab suspects in jogging trail car burglaries
- The Birmingham Zoo works hard to keep animals toasty on cold nights
- Homewood city leaders discuss Mecca Avenue safety concerns
- Mountain Brook mayor shares memories of protecting the Kennedy family
- Our Lady of Sorrows gathers supplies for typhoon victims