Police searching for SUV involved in fatal hit-and-run | News
Bessemer police are looking for a silver SUV they believe was involved in a fatal hit-and-run with a red motorcycle.
The motorcycle and SUV collided at 9th Ave. and 22nd Street North in Bessemer around 4:17 p.m. Monday, April 9. The motorcyclist was transported from the scene to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, said Lieutenant D.L. Hunter with Bessemer PD.
Police believe the other vehicle involved in the wreck that left the scene is a silver Grand Vitara Suzuki, with a model date between 1999 and 2005. The damage on the passenger side should include a missing rocker panel, Hunter said.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the Bessemer Police Department at 205-425-2411.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Homewood police nab suspects in jogging trail car burglaries
- The Birmingham Zoo works hard to keep animals toasty on cold nights
- Homewood city leaders discuss Mecca Avenue safety concerns
- Mountain Brook mayor shares memories of protecting the Kennedy family
- Our Lady of Sorrows gathers supplies for typhoon victims